• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec & Onyx issue

CanuckSigns

We have a FC-8600 cutter that is about 2 years old. I'm having an issue when i cut graphics from onyx using cut server. If I set the cutter to read "multiple marks" in onyx, it will either search for them and not find them, or it will roll the print on the floor because it rolls it out too far searching for crop marks beyond the last set.

If I set the cutter to just read "4 corners" in onyx, it cuts perfectly

Has anyone else run into this issue before? 99% of stuff cuts perfectly accurate using the 4 marks method, but at times it would be nice to get the added accuracy from reading the multiple marks.

I have called Graphtec, and their answer is if it's working fine using cutting master it's not their problem. Onyx isn't taking responsibility either.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I had the exact same problem with the same equipment setup. I never found a solution except for what you mentioned... Use Cutting Master. I've heard that it can be a common issue with this setup. Not sure why both companies haven't addressed it.