• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec or flexi

cardfan4342

when sending plot file to plotter it cuts small single line numbers, have just replaced pc trying to get all re established seems plotter wants to control parameters and not flexi please help

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You need to specify that in your setup properties in Production Manager then you can control the settings from Flexi.

cardfan4342

This happened once before called graphtec or flexi and was easy fix. I have slept lots since then trying to get up by mon.

TresL

If the mode is wrong, it can cut like this...
HP or GL

Make sure and power cycle the cutter after you change the mode.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
when sending plot file to plotter it cuts small single line numbers, have just replaced pc trying to get all re established seems plotter wants to control parameters and not flexi please help

On your plotter bring up the background settings and then, I think, 'Condition Priority'. Set it to 'Program' to have the plotter listen to setup commands from the software or to 'Manual' where the plotter will ignore software set up commands and it's own control panel settings will prevail.

While your there in the background settings you might see if you're using HPGL or GPGL. The driver you're using will dictate which one. Flexi uses HPGL if memory serves.

TexasBob

Just to clarify if anyone comes across this again, Flexi uses an HPGL command interface. So when it's set to GPGL mode, it kinda goes haywire and cuts that strip of characters up the side. It's a simple fix tho.

On an FC7000 series just lower down your lever and go into the initial menu, then hit interface, then command and it should take you to the screen to switch between modes. Should be similar on the other FC series cutters too, at least on the 5100s anyway but I can't remember for sure.

I know he's already fixed it, but can't hurt to have it here for anyone else reading. :tongue: