Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphtec or flexi

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by cardfan4342, Mar 10, 2007.

1. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    when sending plot file to plotter it cuts small single line numbers, have just replaced pc trying to get all re established seems plotter wants to control parameters and not flexi please help

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    You need to specify that in your setup properties in Production Manager then you can control the settings from Flexi.

3. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Have been in setup properties, cutter options and can't find the proper location

4. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    This happened once before called graphtec or flexi and was easy fix. I have slept lots since then trying to get up by mon.

5. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    If the mode is wrong, it can cut like this...
    HP or GL

Make sure and power cycle the cutter after you change the mode.

6. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    On your plotter bring up the background settings and then, I think, 'Condition Priority'. Set it to 'Program' to have the plotter listen to setup commands from the software or to 'Manual' where the plotter will ignore software set up commands and it's own control panel settings will prevail.

While your there in the background settings you might see if you're using HPGL or GPGL. The driver you're using will dictate which one. Flexi uses HPGL if memory serves.

7. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Thanks all I believe I got it!

8. TexasBob

TexasBob New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Just to clarify if anyone comes across this again, Flexi uses an HPGL command interface. So when it's set to GPGL mode, it kinda goes haywire and cuts that strip of characters up the side. It's a simple fix tho.

On an FC7000 series just lower down your lever and go into the initial menu, then hit interface, then command and it should take you to the screen to switch between modes. Should be similar on the other FC series cutters too, at least on the 5100s anyway but I can't remember for sure.

I know he's already fixed it, but can't hurt to have it here for anyone else reading. :tongue: