• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec or Gerber?

rfulford

I am still looking for a good used plotter and I have ran across these three offerings:

Graphtec FC 5100-75
(Cosmetically ugly but was in production until the company went out of business. I was able to perform a test cut and go through all the menus with no problems)

2 Gerber Envision plotters
(A 325 and 725 both pulled in production and were working but no software. Same as above. Test cuts are fine)

The Gerbers and in far better shape and I like the sprocket drive but I am unsure how to run them without making purchasing additional software. I know I can get the AI plugin for the graphtec for free. Is there anything similar or cheap for the Gerbers? I am leaning towards the 30" gerber but if I have to invest too much to drive it. I'll probably lean towards the graphtec.

Robert

SignLogic

I've always been a fan of Graphtecs. Have used gerbers, Summas, Rolands.... Graphtecs are true work horses and have seen machines in service for decades.

The Equipment Guy

Either is a good machine. I would not do the Gerber on its own though, as sprocketted 30" vinyl can be in short supply when you need just a bit of a certain color.

Craig