• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec origin?

artguard

HI Folks,

I have a question for y'all regarding the "origin" as it relates to the Graphtec.

I am currently using the FC8000-130. I'm cutting sandblast resist. Before I cut the resist, I like to run the plotter with the pen over the design to make sure the design is what I want before cutting and also to give me an idea where the cut lines are once it is cut.

However, my issue is that I can't get the plotter to return to the exact point where the design starts aka "origin" after the plot is finished. I would like to be able to replace the pen with the cutter blade and know that the designs will happen exactly on top of each other.

Is anyone following me?

How do I do that?

Thanks. :wavingflag:

Forum Studio

Did you try double pen plot on paper? Second plot should follow exactly the line of first one and return to the same origin point.If not there may be some problem with calibration.Make sure advance after plot box is unchecked. When cut sandblast resist mask in optimize cutting order select restrict media movement . Set proper tension on pinch rollers.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
It should return to the original origin. Unless you are telling it to do something else like advance the plotter as Forum Studio suggested.

How long are you runs? How close is it to the original origin? Could be a tracking issue.

RiXaX

I don't know the software you're using to drive the cutter, but with Flexi I go to the Advanced tab on the cutting program and uncheck "advance after plot." Then after I change from a pen to a blade I go back and hit cut again.

boxerbay

set the origin point before you begin. it should return to the same origin afterwards. if not call graphtec. they have great phone techs.