• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec plotter CE1000-60

Maritimer

Hello...I have a Graphtec plotter CE1000-60 & would like to run it with Coreldraw. Does anyone know if I need a plug-in or can I run it from Cocut or Signlab? I called Graphtec and they were not sure as it's an old machine. They said "cutting master 2v1.60" may work but it's not been tested.

thks,
Maritimer

:Canada 2:
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg

Pro Image

Cocut will work......I don't know if you can cut directly out of corel with out that or not.....I have one and will look it up in the owners manual..........

Jim Doggett

Oh yeah; CoCut is and has been for over a decade, the absolute best CorelDRAW plug-in. "Cutting directly out of Corel" is in fact the old way of doing things. CoCut now takes the design (all or just selected elements) and mmakes them into vinyl-ready vectors, automatically. This is a huge time and screw-up saver. Things like heavy strokes, for example, are not cuttable vectors in CD. CoCut recognizes them and converts them on the fly, all in the background when you click the "cut" button it adds to CD.

Another huge thing is cut by color. No need to group or individually select colors in CD; CoCut separates them automatically.

There's a demo version, I think. It might be downloadable from www.cocut.com.

Best,

Maritimer

Thanks for the great reply's. Looks like I'll have to get Cocut to use the Coreldraw cs4. I was hoping I could download a plug-in as Cocut is going to cost a few bucks. I only paid $500 which about what the software will cost. I would like to use the Coreldraw though. And I hope to buy a printer/cutter someday and Cocut was highly recommended.

Do you think it would work if I downloaded the cutting master 2v1.60? http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support.html#fc8000

thks again..great community here

Rodi

Thanks for the great reply's. Looks like I'll have to get Cocut to use the Coreldraw cs4. I was hoping I could download a plug-in as Cocut is going to cost a few bucks. I only paid $500 which about what the software will cost. I would like to use the Coreldraw though. And I hope to buy a printer/cutter someday and Cocut was highly recommended.

Do you think it would work if I downloaded the cutting master 2v1.60? http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support.html#fc8000

thks again..great community here

Wait on ebay, it shows up regularly, I got COCut Pro version 9, works like a champ!

Maritimer

I can't connect the cables from my Graphtec 1000-60 to my new laptop. The laptop doesn't have a serial port and someone said I have to connect a USB to my laptop and a serial adaptor on the other end to the printer. I believe it's called a USB PDA/Serial adapter & I believe this is what it looks like per this website. I can't find this part locally but I found it online
http://www.cablesalescanada.com/products/CUSB-232A.html

Does anyone know if this will work? My laptop has Vista. I have coreldraw on my laptop and want to use this software rather than the old software on the desktop.

thks,
Maritimer

Pro Image

I can't connect the cables from my Graphtec 1000-60 to my new laptop. The laptop doesn't have a serial port and someone said I have to connect a USB to my laptop and a serial adaptor on the other end to the printer. I believe it's called a USB PDA/Serial adapter & I believe this is what it looks like per this website. I can't find this part locally but I found it online
http://www.cablesalescanada.com/products/CUSB-232A.html

Does anyone know if this will work? My laptop has Vista. I have coreldraw on my laptop and want to use this software rather than the old software on the desktop.

thks,
Maritimer

YEP that is what you need...........along with the null modem cable......

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
i'm having the same problem with the same model. where do you locate a null modem? also does it require a special serial-to-usb cable or will any work? thanks!