• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Plotter

intense_design

Hey Guys,
Looking at getting a new Graphtec plotter.. what should i get the ce series or the fc series.. just looking for some input here. Or don't you think there is much of a difference.. I have a Mutoh 1204 for a printer..

Just wanted to see too what everyone else has for precision cutting with registration marks and if they like it.

thanks in advance

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I have a CE5000-60 (24") and fairly happy. When I upgrade I'm going for the latest version with better contour cutting and accuracy.

If money isn't a factor I would get the latest version, possibly used. I keep my eyes open for a used FC series.

jiarby

If money doesn't matter then get the FC, and as wide as you can imagine printing....

If you need to get by as cheaply as possible... get the CE5000-60.

We have the CE5000-60 combined with a 64" Mutoh. When I have to cut a big batch of decals we gang them up into 24x60 sheets and cut them. I just don't do jobs where I have to contour cut anything bigger than 22".

intense_design

thanks guys that really helps!
I got the Graphtec signjet pro when i first started.. loved the print and cut deal.. I don't print on it anymore the ink is so expensive and you can't print on half the stuff you can with the Mutoh... so if i print something on my mutoh.. then go to line it up in my signjet.. the cut is always off.. I need ARMS bad! haha -- would make life easier and would also be nice to have a backup cutter!
:thankyou: for all the input!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
@jiarby - do you use Wasatch or another rip when you print 64" but then do all the contour cuts 24" wide? I'm assuming each 24" wide strip has it's own registration marks, is that correct?

@intense_design - when you get your plotter. play around with some simple contour cuts to get used to the registration marks and margins needed. I've wasted a tone of prints because I forgot to allow enough front, back, and side margins for the marks. The back mark needs at least a few inches because it is on the other side of the pinch rollers.

einsteingraphic

Giving my 2 cents.

FC8000 is the best way to go. it has 600gf compared to 450gf for the CF120 and the CF60/40 are only 300gf. FC can cut up to 59.1 mil and the CF 10mil. FC has a 3 year warranty well the CF has a 2 year. You can cut a lot more with a FC. Good luck in your decision and hope this helped.