• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec plotters

Buddy

We have bought some 7 or 8 Graphtecs in all sizes and types from desktop models to larger floor stand models.

Recently we closed one of our sign shops which had two Graphtecs. One is 24 inch the other 30 inch. If you're interested in a Graphtec that is the same as new at a fraction of the price let me know.

24 inch = $800
30 inch = $1300

BUDDY

iSign

not "spend" ..."INVEST"!!

I started 10 years ago with a second hand 15" sprocketed Roland. After 2 years I knew I'd save time & material if I had a 24" friction feed plotter. I had used a Graphtec at previous employment & decided to get a CE1000-60.

It has worked flawlessly for 8 years now & I would highly reccommend you purchasing a Graphtec!

There are probably 4 or 5 other manufacturers that you would be likely to be just as satisfied with... but there are dozens of inferior manufacturers... so if you don't get a Graphtec... be careful!

iSign

$800? !!

I'd jump on that deal Letsoren... and only a few states away...

(edit ...hmmm, I wonder if prices have come down... I checked ebay to confirm my suspicion of how good a deal that would be... I guess there may be a few good deals around, but I guess I'd still trust a fellow signs101 member over a complete stranger)

Buddy

I bought all my Graphtecs brand new. Paid $3500 for the 24 inch model (not that...that proves anything but).

If you've ever had to ship a Graphtec to CA (I have) and pay for repairs and then pay for shipping back. You'd think twice in regards to who you buy from. A good eBay deal could turn into an expensive venture if it needs even the slightest repair.

A lot of eBayers are garage sale items where someone is selling for someone else. And the reason it's likely on there is because there's something 'funky' about the machine. Not always but buyer beware on eBay sometimes.

BUDDY

southpawP8NTR

Got a CE1000-60 myself lucked into this one from former employer. It was a spare that was in very good condition with the stand for $400

letsoren

Graghtec plotter

You are right I can buy a new 24" from Signware House for 1295. They also sell an off brand of flexi called LXI. Has anyone heard of this?

Buddy

Some plan to cut vinyl out of their garage or extra bedroom more like a hobby. In which case they might enjoy a brand new machine (even if it's a cheapie) and pretend design software. And the idea of all new equipment is sort of fun since they might not be really cranking out a lot of sign work. Nothing wrong with that....I'm just not used to that way of thinking. We run full tilt all the time and lean towards equipment that simply gets the job done.

With plotters there's the question of....is it capable of industrial use or only hobby use ? Quality machinery like servo motors (used by Graphtec & other high end plotters) as compared to stepper motors.....as well as speed, down pressure, pounce capabilities etc. All are things that have made Graphtec plotters capable of industrial use. That's the type of plotters some need....while others are more into it as a hobby.....at least at first.

For me.....I'd take a used industrial capable Graphtec over a new 'hobby' only capable plotter.

k.a.s.

My Graphtec is over 10 yrs old with no problems, only thing I ever replaced is blades.

Kevin

gvgraphics

Yes I run LXI and love it. It is flexi just private labeled. Good program, just get the Master so you have all the options.

Chad.

I have had my FC5100-75 going on 3 years and have not had the first problem. Solid as a rock.

Looking to buy another one here shortly.

Chad.

no, i need a new one, 60incher to take care of some 4x8 backlit sign issues that keep happening. Seems suck when it comes to back lit signs and translucent material