• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Position X Alarm

149motorsports

I got graphtec ce3000 (aka designtech 60).. i turn the machine on, i have the vinyl loaded wiht about 3ft over hang in the front. I want it to pull it back through the machine to make sure it does not screw off the pinch rollers... my options are when i turn on the machine:

Sheet
Roll 1
Roll 2

Does anyone know if only Roll 1 till pull the vinyl back through the machine, i have 50% luck on it.. Roll 2 will not pull it back through, have no manula so may be a dumb question. (as why it works 50% of the time lol)

Jillbeans

I think it's only roll 1.
Sheet is the fun one that rolls out the whole frigging roll.
I try to avoid that setting.
I think roll 2 loads and stays wherever it was when you hit "enter".
Roll 1 scrolls to the front end of the roll of vinyl.
Love....Jill

149motorsports

yea, always fun playing with a new machine to get it set up Jill!!! Thanks for the info, i think it was just a dude the one time, now it seems to work good on roll 1:wink:

Tel

When you put the vinyl in and line it up use roll1 and it will roll the vinyl back and set the knife at the origin point. Roll2 will leave the vinyl where it is and set the knife up on the origin point. Sheet I avoid I think it is supposed to roll out the vinyl so you know the length but if your using a roll it will all end up on the floor.
This is what I do I put the vinyl in and press roll1 so the vinyl pulls back and the knife sets I will then do a show me through flexi-sign to ensure it runs straight and I have enough vinyl in the cutter. Now if the vinyl is running straight and has previously been cut off straight go ahead with your job but if the vinyl hasn't been cut off straight you may find that the vinyl does not run straight across the plotter under the knife and if you cut now when the knife does the weed border it may miss the vinyl at the front, only slightly and won't bother your job too much but what you will have done is let the knife run along and cut on the cutting strip with no vinyl under it and this will blunt the blade, so move the vinyl forward slightly so its covering the cutting mat and now just touch the lever enough to get the machine to ask you for a roll and change from roll1 to roll2, this will set you up so you cut on the vinyl.