• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec problem

Colt

Got a Graphtec CE5000 in.

Right before it starts a cut job, it does this little L shaped cut like 3mm long. It even does it before it does a test cut. This L shaped cut ends up being in part of my object. Why is it doing this L shaped cut, and how do you make it not do it?

Also, on my design. I set the starting nod in Corel. The nod will have a little arrow showing it's the starting nod and the direction it is facing. With other cutters, the cutter will start cutting at this starting nod, and cut in the direction the nod is pointing.

With the Graphtec, it doesn't start cutting at the starting nod, but at some other nod. Haven't looked to see if it is cutting in the same direction as in the graphic, but would guess probably not.

How do you set up the Graphtec so it starts cutting at the starting "nod", and cuts in the direction that it is set to in the graphic?

woolly

In background settings.
Initial blade control sets where the tick is done. Can't remember it being 3mm though

The cut starting in the wrong part of the loop I would have thought to be the driver. When I digitise in corel I start the loop and go in the direction I want the knife to go.
Never noticed it not doing what I told it to.
Even it you have sort turned on should still start the loop where you think it should.

Colt

In background settings.
Initial blade control sets where the tick is done. Can't remember it being 3mm though

The cut starting in the wrong part of the loop I would have thought to be the driver. When I digitise in corel I start the loop and go in the direction I want the knife to go.
Never noticed it not doing what I told it to.
Even it you have sort turned on should still start the loop where you think it should.

So that little L cut is called a "tick"? What's its purpose, to align the blade?

I'll have to see if that is adjustable where it does it at, but a little confusing having to remember that little tick mark when you are cutting different jobs on the same sheet. As you don't want the "tick" to end up cutting into something you previously had cut out.

I'm used the GCC. Where you copy your object from Corel, and paste in the Great Cut to cut it out. It worked fine. But looks like Graphtec doesn't let you do but, but that you have to export it out of Corel.

But anyways, it doesn't start cutting at the starting cutting node in my graphic. I guess it just picks where it wants to start cutting.

woolly

you can cut straight out of corel using the graphtec windows driver saves a lot of bother or cutting master which i think is very poor.

Colt

you can cut straight out of corel using the graphtec windows driver saves a lot of bother or cutting master which i think is very poor.

Do you know of a place with instruction on cutting straight out of Corel? I used their plug in.

Best was when I was using GCC, and could copy my object and paste right into Great Cut. Real simple.

I did a cut out of Corel through the Graphtec add on and noticed some of my objects didn't transfer. And in that instance, the objects that didn't transfer were objects that were "grouped", so I had to ungroup them, and re-transfer them to get them to cut. With GCC, I didn't have that problem. But then again, you can copy and paste with GCC compared to Graphtec.