• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec problems, any help would be great.

teethree

Hello! Figured I would try and hit all three birds with one stone here.
I working at a company that I have been absent from for about a year and came back to a slew of problems with the graphtec machine, seems she got pretty beat up while i was gone, by what seems to have been either wear and tear or a mouse making a nest inside the right access panel... or both! Just wanted to get some input as to what these may be as I am stumped after checking the manuals several times.

Problem 1: The graphtec does not read marks past 140" or greater, the tracking is straight with no walking left or right, but it says mark scan error, mark sense level was not enough. I cleaned the eye lense but the problem persists, the page length is set to 1968" for roll lengths.

Problem 2: (may be associated with problem 3) There is a terrible noise inside the carriage, that once taken apart, the top section, we found that the part / strip that connects to the circuit board AWM 20624 80c vw-1 TOTOKU-Y is all chewed up and no longer running with its plastic lead line, i saw these in rolands before, and they were related to X position, is there anywhere i can get a replacement part for this assembly?

Problem 3: when cross cutting, i get a x-position alarm.

Any ideas as to what these could be remedied with would be great!
Thank you :)

MMLLC

Problem 1: Could it be that your page length needs to be longer? Beyond what you are trying to read? That would be my first guess. Not sure on the other 2.

SignosaurusRex

Have you opened the end covers and inspected...especially the right side? While the R side is open, inspect the gears/pulleys. Some FC7000's were produced with plastic gear/pulley components and some have a tendency to crack, especially on the FC7000-130's. A crack could cause some or all of the issues you mention.

player

You could remove the rat chewed cable and use a testing meter to see if the cable has continuity on each wire...