• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec serial cable

knucklehead

I've decided to quit fighting the Graphtec usb connection, and am going to get the Graphtec serial cable. Question is, if the serial cable is specifically for the graphtec, does a regular serial card work OK with the cable? Or do ya have to have a special Graphtec card?

knucklehead

Thanks guys, which cable do I need there Cybersupply? A nine pine, or 25? Do I get a nine pin, or twenty five pin serial card? That's my main question, I just don't want to get a serial card down at office max, and then find out I have to have a specific card for this graphtec cutter. Although I've never heard of something like that, I also haven't ever heard of a brand specific cable either.

Rodi

I got a regular seral cable then bought a null modem at radio shack, it worked for me.

BTW are you on a PC or Mac?