• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Signjet Pro Jx2100a 42"

bigben

Does any of you know more about this printer/cutter? Is it a good one? Can I use it for car wraps? I did not find any good technical specifications for my question on google. Can you help me with this one?

Thanks! :Canada 2:

Valentino

are you looking at the one of ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAPHTEC-SIGNJE...ryZ26245QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

first off, it uses dye/pigment inks. not good for car wraps or anything outside.

second, if your going for the one on ebay, 30 hours my butt. unless graphtecs have a inkdrop meter or print meter to verify I'm pretty sure he's lying.

but...it would be a good addition (if it worked) to make stickers, indoor stuff, contour stickers, all that jazz, just not anything outdoor that will be outdoors for more then a month, alittle bit more with lam.

bigben

are you looking at the one of ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAPHTEC-SIGNJE...ryZ26245QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

first off, it uses dye/pigment inks. not good for car wraps or anything outside.

second, if your going for the one on ebay, 30 hours my butt. unless graphtecs have a inkdrop meter or print meter to verify I'm pretty sure he's lying.

but...it would be a good addition (if it worked) to make stickers, indoor stuff, contour stickers, all that jazz, just not anything outdoor that will be outdoors for more then a month, alittle bit more with lam.

Yes I'm looking for this one. Ok, so this printer will not be good for outdoor banners? If I laminate the sticker, do you know how long it will last?

Thank you the your answer!

Valentino

maybe a year of decent color.

there is no way that printer has 30 hours of work. If you can physically go look at the printer and verify the working condition I think it would be a good machine, but I never trust ebay printers or ebay sellers. I find it hard to believe that the printer was only on 30 hours in about 4 years, and if it's true then the print heads are in bad condition.