Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec software

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by signage, Oct 13, 2005.

1. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Does anyone know what the FD setting is for in the configuration screen? Below is a screen shot? The boxes to check are tool, pressure, FD and speed. This is for a CE-3000Mk2-60, I called Graphtec on Monday and they didn't know and said they would find out and get back to me. They still haven't gotten back yet so I thought maybe someone here would know what it is for. Thanks Brian

Tags:
  2. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    foregot to add screen shot so here it is!

Attached Files:

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Just guessing but it probably is something akin to acceleration is in Omega or else it is corner sharpness. Here's a screen shot of Omega plotter controls.

Attached Files:

4. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Its something specific to that plotter as that option is not avaible for the Summa cutters.

5. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I've heard of "downforce"... never heard it os force down.. but wonder if it could pertain to that. Why is "pressure" not checked? does that toggle on or off when FD is checked? are they mutually exclusive? ...if not, then I guess "pressure" is the same as when some plotter lingo mentions "downforce"

I checked my Graphtec manual... but no luck in mine

6. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Ok Fred you were correct the FD is for smothing out curves, Graphtec got back to me and this is what they said:

"Hey Brian,
    The FD feature has to do with how smooth curves or circles are cut,
    a value of 30 should be good enough cutting out of quick cut."

Just thought this might help someone else.