• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec stopped working due to static shock, HELP!!

Gene@mpls

I wire a copper wire twisted into a small circle near the control panels- touch to discharge before pushing a button.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
+1 on grounding the machine. I attached copper wire to the machine and connected to ground. Rolling out material has lots of static electricity.

grafXnj

HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US, i took out my lcd screen in 1 shock it was just random symbols for about 2-3 years, until i couldnt take it anymore, and was actually given a new graphtec control panel by a very nice forum member, i felt my finger zap the screen as i was moving it across to the buttons, i also screenprint in the shop, and the shirt dryer does more then cure the ink, it gets very dry in here, on some days i can literally walk around zapping people. Also i took a video once, at the end of late days, while leaving i stopped at the end of the driveway to get the mail, and it happens almost every night that theres no rain, when i put the key within an inch of my mail box lock, i can actually see the mini lightning bolt from me to the metal mail box, its nuts, but yeah a little shock can take out any equiptment, hopefully you just need a fuse, or a control panel

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Google DYI faraday cage. No more shocks.

How-to-Build-a-Faraday-Cage-810x510.jpg