• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Studio crashing when importing .eps files

PW66

I use a CE6000-60 cutter with Graphtec Studio, importing .eps files at 72dpi (from various design software).
This has always worked fine but over the last year or so Graphtec Studio crashes as soon the .eps file finishes importing. About 1 time in 10 I can get the file saved as a GS file before it crashes and then everything works fine.
Using Windows 10 PC, which was never previously an issue.

Any one had this problem?
I have tried reinstalling GS from the original disk without updates but it still happens. It even happens when I try to open old eps files from several years ago that worked perfectly before, so it is not a design software issue.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Used to have that issue as well, but not entirely sure what was done to resolve it. We're on Win 10, and we're on the latest version of Graphtec Studio. Only change I made was to save my .eps files as "Illustrator CC EPS" instead of the default "Illustrator 2020". But that wouldn't necessarily explain why your older files are bombing it out. We haven't had the crash happen in well over a year or so. Is your software up to the latest version?

PW66

Is your software up to the latest version?
I'm glad it isn't just me.

Graphtec Studio was up to date, but that was when I first noted the problem so I reinstalled from the disk, the problem didn't go away.
The .eps files are exported from a variety of sources (corel,serif,affinity from me or whatever software the customer may be using). Studio crashes with files from all sources.

I am begining to think it might be a Windows problem, so I am going to try an old W10 laptop that hasn't been conected to the internet for several years.