• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec USB Driver Install, Win 7 - Printer driver was not installed. Access denied

SqueeGee

I can't install the updated driver for my Graphtec FC8000 on a Windows 7, 64 bit system. I've tried three different methods:

Going into device properties and updating the driver - Message: Printer driver was not installed. Access denied.

Adding a new USB printer - Message: Printer driver was not installed. Access denied.

Double clicking the install.exe that came with the driver - Message: Installation was stopped.

I've also confirmed that I'm logged in as the administrator.

Here is where I found the driver:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/grap...downloads-page-cutting-plotters-fc8000-series

I'm trying to install the 64bit version.

Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Even though you are logged in as the administrator, right click on the install.exe and select open as administrator. I know it sounds redundant but it has worked for me a couple times.

Vixstix

Had the same problem yesterday too..

Hello, had the same problem. Totally frustrating, argh. Especially on a Friday after Graphtec tech support hours. I actually did fix the problem, but it wasn't pretty. The only thing that solved it was a clean install of Win7. Sucks cause I had to back up all my files and disconnect my internal drives except for the one I wiped and re-installed on. Four hours and a clean install later the driver worked no problems. I followed the quick start guide on Graphtec's page to a "T" (same page you linked) and it worked. Don't know what happened, but I suspect it may be a windows User Account Control issue?? Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Vixstix

forgot to mention to change encyrption of downloaded file....

Forgot to mention, I had to change the encryption of the downloaded driver files. After extracting the files the file names turned green. Meaning that the folder is encrypted. If you right click the extracted folder (one with green text) goto: PROPERTIES>Attributes (at bottom)> Advanced button> Compress or Encrypt attributes> "uncheck" Encrypt contents to secure data> say yes to all child folders and files.

The folder will turn back to black text and should give you unrestricted access. Hope that helps. - Vic.