• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtech Cut Out stickers

Ditchmiester

I am new to contour cutting on my FC8000 I'm wondering if it is possible to cut out the stickers I have printed with an 1/8" weeded border around them on this cutter. I currently do it on my Gerber and Envision plotter but need to do some larger stickers.

MrSalumi

do you use the cutmaster plugin or another rip to cut? I use the cut master plugin for illustrator with my old FC5100-150 and there is a specific setting in the advanced tab to set the weed border for the whole sticker.. if you are trying to offset the actual artwork just draw a path and use the path->offset option.. Just remember to delete the original path and set the stroke to a custom path in the swatches panel that is named 'cutpath'. Hope that helps!

Ditchmiester

I'm currently using Onyx to Print and cut but i'm thinking about doing the crop marks and file in Corel and printing with Onyx but then using Cutmaster to cut them out. Is this possible?

Dennis422

I'm currently using Onyx to Print and cut but i'm thinking about doing the crop marks and file in Corel and printing with Onyx but then using Cutmaster to cut them out. Is this possible?

Yes. Just make sure you leave enough room around the regi marks for a cutter.
You need to have it so rolles will be able to hold the film in the cutter when cutter is scanning the marks.

Ditchmiester

Okay when doing this would I just ignore the cut file created by Onyx and open the file in Cutmaster and tell it to cut but reading the registration marks so that it knows where "home" is? Is there a good tutorial out there for this?

Dennis422

Okay when doing this would I just ignore the cut file created by Onyx and open the file in Cutmaster and tell it to cut but reading the registration marks so that it knows where "home" is? Is there a good tutorial out there for this?

Graphtec has video tutorial on their web site.

Ditchmiester

Thanks DK I think I have finally figured it out. Did my first perf cut and it seemed to work so i'm going to just perfect it now so I know it works well. Thanks again.