• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray Back Banner Stand Film in Canada?

Dan360

Any fellow Canadians here found a good gray back material for banner stands that runs well on latex at a decent price point?

Our main suppliers are ND and Grimco and the only one they seem to have is Sihl, which I'm not very keen on.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Dang, I have a bunch at a very low price, but not sure how getting it there will still save you money unfortunately.

Dan360

Dang, I have a bunch at a very low price, but not sure how getting it there will still save you money unfortunately.

I'm always jealous when you post your materials and prices, people seem to like them as well.

It's different up here and can be hard to find certain things unfortunately.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Any fellow Canadians here found a good gray back material for banner stands that runs well on latex at a decent price point?

Our main suppliers are ND and Grimco and the only one they seem to have is Sihl, which I'm not very keen on.

We use ND's 13oz GB PET non curl and it works well. We print on it with Eco-solvent and UV and have had good results. Looks like they list Latex as having "fair" results on this stock....whatever that means lol.

https://shop.ndgraphics.com/product.htm?PRODUCT=YAW111&SOURCE=Category&CATEGORY=MAT-BAN-DIGITAL

edited to add: ND's version is VERY similar to Ultraflex's version which they label as 15oz. http://www.ultraflexx.com/wp-content/uploads/tech-sheets/SuperSmooth PET Blockout - TDS.pdf

My impression was that Bannerbrite/TVF/Ultraflex all use & relabel that same stock.

Anyways....hope that helps. At least now that ND sells HP maybe they can test some out for you and see if it prints nice.

bannertime

Does Grimco not carry the Biteline brand up there? We've been using the Briteline Roll Up 36 for a few years with our latex machine.

Dan360

We use ND's 13oz GB PET non curl and it works well. We print on it with Eco-solvent and UV and have had good results. Looks like they list Latex as having "fair" results on this stock....whatever that means lol.

https://shop.ndgraphics.com/product.htm?PRODUCT=YAW111&SOURCE=Category&CATEGORY=MAT-BAN-DIGITAL

edited to add: ND's version is VERY similar to Ultraflex's version which they label as 15oz. http://www.ultraflexx.com/wp-content/uploads/tech-sheets/SuperSmooth PET Blockout - TDS.pdf

My impression was that Bannerbrite/TVF/Ultraflex all use & relabel that same stock.

Anyways....hope that helps. At least now that ND sells HP maybe they can test some out for you and see if it prints nice.

Thanks, I never saw that stuff, gonna have to give it a try. We did try a lot of Ultraflex stuff, I don't think we ever tried the PET though.

From what I gathered Bannerbrite and TVF are the same, while Ultraflex is seperate. We had a bunch of 18oz banner we were doing pole banners with, the Ultraflex always had plasticizer issues on the second side. Switched to Bannerbrite (labeled TVF) and it runs great.

Does Grimco not carry the Biteline brand up there? We've been using the Briteline Roll Up 36 for a few years with our latex machine.

I wish they did, I've never seen it listed on their website and when I've asked them about this subject they've never mentioned it. Usually they're very quick to recommend Briteline products.

We have tried a few different ones and settled on the GB Rollup from All Graphics, it is a true layflat material and it prints beautiful on our eco-sol machine

http://www.allgraphicsupplies.com/generic-brand-grey-back-roll-up-film-36in-x-150ft-gb-rollup-36150

Doesn't mention anything about latex though, might give it a shot. How much is it a roll?

We don't have an account with them but I keep seeing their name pop up.

CanuckSigns

Thanks, I never saw that stuff, gonna have to give it a try. We did try a lot of Ultraflex stuff, I don't think we ever tried the PET though.

From what I gathered Bannerbrite and TVF are the same, while Ultraflex is seperate. We had a bunch of 18oz banner we were doing pole banners with, the Ultraflex always had plasticizer issues on the second side. Switched to Bannerbrite (labeled TVF) and it runs great.

I wish they did, I've never seen it listed on their website and when I've asked them about this subject they've never mentioned it. Usually they're very quick to recommend Briteline products.

Doesn't mention anything about latex though, might give it a shot. How much is it a roll?

It's $150 / roll for 150 ft x 36"

Jb1983

Did you ever give the GB Roll up film from All Graphics a try on the latex?

Im literally in the exact same situation you were in, was using the sihl for rollups and I hate how it prints. Was going to try the Magic POSPRO+LX but its 239 compared to 99 for the GB from AGS.

Dan360

Did you ever give the GB Roll up film from All Graphics a try on the latex?

Im literally in the exact same situation you were in, was using the sihl for rollups and I hate how it prints. Was going to try the Magic POSPRO+LX but its 239 compared to 99 for the GB from AGS.

We don't use All Graphics, but if this GB works then that would be pretty great with that price point. I may have to set up an account with them.

I wonder if anyone here can speak to this stuff on latex.

Edit: just realized that's what Canuck recommended, I think I'll just have to take the chance and order a roll.

Last edited: