• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray dashes appearing in image when converted to PDF from Flexi

Switchblade

When I save this file from Flexi to PDF these gray dashes appear that aren't in the original file- as you can see, when I zoom closer the dashes get bigger so they are definitely in the pdf. Why does this happen, how can I prevent it?
Thanks!
Switchblade

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 137

shoresigns

That's the result of two anti-aliased edges of a vector butted up against each other. Anti-aliasing smooths the edges of a shape for on-screen viewing by using different levels of transparency on each pixel based on how far inside or outside of the edge each pixel is.

So when you butt up two shapes against each other, some pixels along the edge get a little bit of transparency from each shape, but not enough to be fully opaque, so the white background behind the shapes shows through along the edge. It won't normally affect your print, but it might if you were to rasterize before sending to your RIP, which it seems you may have done, since you're saying the dots get bigger when you zoom in.