• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gray looks pinkish

Intense01

It is a profile issue. I get the same thing sometimes on my 1204 and I use Mutoh inks. What profile are you using?

Conor Knoxx

I had a similar problem a while back. Did all kinds of "adjustments" and used different profiles, trying to work around it...
In the end, I had some cyan nozzles not firing - a new print head was the only solution (and been good ever since)
This did show up in the nozzle checks though.

Intense01

My gray always looks pinkish on the 3651 profiles. I use the 3M profiles and the black/grey are a little better but the reds don't look as good.

JoeBoomer

Inkjet & solvent inks are the real culprit though. It's just the properties in the ink. Bought a latex printer and have gotten much better results than my solvent, but it's never really perfect with inkjet.

Fix 1 - Adjust color values and try to remove magenta if possible.

Fix 2 - Print color chart and try to pick a replacement.

heyskull

Grays are a real pain in the A$$.
Even with colour management!
The problem is you can adjust your colour management and upset other colours.

Adjusting certain RGB values of the grey colour even by one or two can make a whole lot of difference.

If everything else is OK don't start messing with colour management.

SC

ignorance2

I have to completely agree with Bly. I used to use only preset profiles within the RIP. Never again will I do that!!!!!! We switched from Onyx to Caldera and I wish we would have done it years ago! I have never had such a great color consistency out of my machines. We have two Rolands that would do horible with printing greys. One machine would print pink and the other would prink green. Since the switch to Calder and building my own profiles EVERY grey I print looks grey.

natedawg9640

color management. after doing that, look at what kind of lightbulbs you have.

before you fix it... print a sample, note the color against a pantone chart or a vinyl and then go outside in the sun and look at the color again. it'll probably blow your mind. lol