• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray printing issues... (VP-540 w/eco-sol)

gktib®

Hey guys,

We've done some wraps on pt cruisers, vans, box trucks, etc... but just recently we received a job for two trailers (23' & 14'). Now all of the cars we've done using either Avery cast or Oracal cast (we don't use oracal anymore), but this time we switched to 3M because it works easiest with the Rollepro. The first trailer wasn't as much of a problem (we used Avery), but with the 14' trailer we started using 3M vinyl.

The problem we've been having is that the printer will start out on the right side printing a rich, gray color... exactly what we want -- but on the left side of the sheet the color seems to fade. So it pretty much makes us look like we've put 4 different colored panels on the side of the trailer. I'm wondering if it's the vinyl, the ink, the printer, or something completely different...
confused.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks,
BP