• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grease Points On A Versacamm?

player

I know I should grease the linear rail the heads travel across, but I also remember there are some other things to put white litho grease on. I think it is the plastic looking gears at each end of the printer.

What are the places I should be lubricating, greasing or otherwise maintaining on a VP540i?

Thanks

You don't need to lubricate your machine at all if you do your bearings will be sticky, collect dust and jam and build up resistance in movement.

player

You don't need to lubricate your machine at all if you do your bearings will be sticky, collect dust and jam and build up resistance in movement.
Wrong grease and too much. I use SuperLube and put a small dab on the rail with my finger. Then I manually run the head back and forth and cover 1.5' - 2' then add another small dab and finish off the rail. My SP540V would get really loud and metal on metal sounding. Some lube and it would sound so much better.

The 2 white Teflon gears at each end should get a touch of white litho grease as well.

InkjetAuction

Definitely kind of interesting... Roland does not have this in their PM list but when I purchase replacement parts from THK it comes with maintenance instructions to include regular lubrication.

THK suggests (requires) lubrication of even the maintenance-free blocks every 100,000m of linear movement.

I confirmed this with their engineers and keep a tube of THK rail lube in my service bag. I apply lube at every 6-mo service

As always your mileage may vary...

="ewded, post: 1474581, member: 67831"]You don't need to lubricate your machine at all if you do your bearings will be sticky, collect dust and jam and build up resistance in movement.[/QUOTE]

player

Definitely kind of interesting... Roland does not have this in their PM list but when I purchase replacement parts from THK it comes with maintenance instructions to include regular lubrication.

THK suggests (requires) lubrication of even the maintenance-free blocks every 100,000m of linear movement.

I confirmed this with their engineers and keep a tube of THK rail lube in my service bag. I apply lube at every 6-mo service

As always your mileage may vary...

="ewded, post: 1474581, member: 67831"]You don't need to lubricate your machine at all if you do your bearings will be sticky, collect dust and jam and build up resistance in movement.
[/QUOTE]
What about replacing the sponges behind the plastic covers on each end of the linear bearing blocks?