• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Great documentary on sign painting...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
"a great documentary on sign painting..."

Am I missing something, here? I followed the link and got a blog with no mention of a sign painting documentary...

round man

btdt Si ,....every time I see this I remember sumthin' else I forgot,....I can remember dreading having to haul my butt and my helpers up on those old damned manila rope falls,..I don't miss the nasty callouses and rough hands the rope left ya with though,...or the keen sense of hearing you developed to hear the creaking of the stage and groaning of the ropes,....new rope always made a squeaky noise I could never get used to,...,.

SignManiac

It brought back a few sentimental memories but I don't miss slinging a brush. I can appreciate the skill and talent that it requires however having learned this trade with a brush firsthand.

Dave Drane

fantastic viewing. I have never been higher than my 15' trestles (because I get a nose bleed after that) and that is enough, although I have many older friends who were great walldogs. Thanks for sharing.

Malkin

oldgoatroper:

Here is a screenshot of what I can see... Just hit the play buttom on the UP THERE video.

Attachments

• up there screenshot.jpg
    up there screenshot.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 58

Malkin

Now that Stella has been bought by InBev (Budweiser parent company) I wonder if they have kept up these hand painted ads?