• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Great Tongue-Twister

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Every week we watch the TV series House. It follows a predictable formula where they attempt to diagnose what ails the patient of the week. Each episode proceeds from bad to worse as the patient is brought to the brink of death through wrong diagnoses until Dr. House has an epiphany which brings him to the correct conclusion and all live happily ever after ... at least until next week.

Tonight, the epiphany had to do with changes in the patient's bowel movements. Or to put it in other words, a

Poop Epiphany!

Now try to say that three times in rapid succession.

visualeyez

That is not a great tongue twister.
Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man... is.

Or the classic answer to "So what about your mother, what does she do?"
"She sells seashells by the seashore".

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Any series of bilabials or stops [i.e. B's and T's] are rather simple to say. These include baby buggy accoutrement, Peter Piper, toy boats, bugs black blood and other efforts.

On the other hand, sibilants are a bitch. 'She sells sea shells' is benign when compared to 'Mrs. Smiths six sick shifts'.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
try reading "oh say, can you say" as fast as you can....you will definitely flubber on the words....it's the only seuss book i can't read at a breakneck pace....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Any series of bilabials or stops [i.e. B's and T's] are rather simple to say. These include baby buggy accoutrement, Peter Piper, toy boats, bugs black blood and other efforts.

On the other hand, sibilants are a bitch. 'She sells sea shells' is benign when compared to 'Mrs. Smiths six sick shifts'.

Ya need to add.... 'She sells sea shells' BY THE SEASHORE...... :ROFLMAO:

veloxgraphics

What i find funny... is that all over the country there are people sitting in their shops, reading and saying this stuff out loud right now... probably with employees and / or coworkers looking on as if we are insane!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ya need to add.... 'She sells sea shells' BY THE SEASHORE...... :ROFLMAO:

Actually it's "She sell sea shells down by the sea shell shore." Still not all that difficult for a series of sibilants.

GB2

Old Member
Curiously, I find these all far easier to say when reading them rather than just reciting them....

Jillbeans

A skunk sat on a stump.
The skunk thunk the stump stunk.
The stump thunk the skunk stunk.

(that was always my fave, from the Pass Out board game, remember it?)
Love....Jill