• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Green Line on Monitor GO AWAY!!!!!

Sign_Boy

I just had a thin green vertical line show up on my laptop's screen.

I restarted / shutdown / checked for driver updates for the video card / refreshed the screen and nothing.:banghead::banghead::frustrated:

I am running dual monitors and the other one is fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it?
Or do you think my monitor is on it's way out?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

HulkSmash

happened to me a long time ago. It's just going bad.. in a couple weeks the green will go purple.. then blue..

HulkSmash

( I Know this sounds weird ) If you "Bend" The monitor the green stripe will go away as you hold it.. it's really odd but if it makes any sense. take your monitor and like..pull foward on the left side and push back on the right side see if it goes away.

jc1cell

( I Know this sounds weird ) If you "Bend" The monitor the green stripe will go away as you hold it.. it's really odd but if it makes any sense. take your monitor and like..pull foward on the left side and push back on the right side see if it goes away.

:popcorn:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put a piece of black electrical tape over your screen where the line appears and you won't see it anymore.

I did this on my old VCR where the time kept blinking the wrong time. Works like a charm.

CentralSigns

Don't forget to shake your foot and kick your knee. You should also have the song "hokey poky playing in the background", that works best.

Sign_Boy

You all are funny - thanks for the laugh...

hmmmmmmm do I have to charge more now since all of my designs will have a thin green line in them?

CentralSigns

My kids laptop got one about a year ago and now its reproduced in to 3 or 4. A couple have got fatter. I'm sure there more to come. Expect that you'll get a least a year before the screen fails.

Firefox

It could be a bad connection. Rip that sucker apart and find the ribbon cable from the screen and unplug it from the board then plug it back in and reassemble! If you can!

PS: don't forget to back up everything on it lest you poo the scrooch!

OR: Like many of us here would say to the home sign maker with a marks a lot. Have a professional do it!

By the way a black marks a lot and a ruler will hide that green line just fine!