• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greenhorn Here

Ken Roberts

Hi all,

I've recently jumped into the sign business not by intent but rather by opportunity stemming from my current business. I am a photographer and have a studio where I like to offer my clients items such as photo decals, auto tags, shirts, etc. I had been using the sign guy in the next town for these small projects, but he wasn't timely enough in his turnaround since he had much larger jobs to complete. I have always sent him business in years past since the only sign man here is an artist who paints signs by hand so the market is wide open. I purchased a PrismJet (Mutoh) 38" printer and a Vinyl Express Q100 to fulfill my photographic needs and soon learned this equipment was capable of so much more. So now I'm entering the sign business. I've been spending much time with tech support over at Sign Warehouse about various issues. I didn't have the ink heaters on at first so the ink was pooling up on my media. I'm having two problems with my cutter. One is a weeding problem since there are small snags due to incomplete cuts causing major headaches when weeding. The other problem is getting the cutter to recognize the registration marks on the media for contour cuts. I keep getting a read port error. So I'm still working on these issues.

Anyway, I'm grateful to have found this forum where a wealth of knowledge seems to reside.

Ken Roberts
Waynesboro, Ms.
www.robertstown.net

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from Oklahoma!

The banner at the bottom of this page that says printingdigital.net will take you to the printing forum. A real nice site for getting printing tips and information. You might find your questions already answered in one of these forums.

Guud Luck!

TrustedImages

Adjusting the downforce or slowing the cutter down just a little should help with the weeding troubles. Read port error sounds like you don't have the correct port selected in the set up. But I'm not 100% sure. I'm not in tech and I don't have a printer so I can't tell you for sure on that. But the downforce and slowing down works for me on the weeding troubles.