• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greeting From the great white north ;)

Jon Aston

Ya...it was pretty cool. This would have been in the late 70's. Since I bleed blue and white, I was rooting for the Bruins (hate the habs - sorry-it's genetic). The Bruins lost...so it was alot like cheering for the Leafs.

I saw alot of games in Male Leaf Gardens, too. Some real beauties! Too bad the times have passed those old hockey buildings by. They had atmosphere...and you could afford to get a ticket without selling a kidney.

The whole sports-and-entertainment greed machine has pretty much ruined the NHL...which is why most hockey fans don't miss it. It's just not the same game anymore. Hasn't been for years. There are too many teams, the season is too long, the playoffs are too long, and there aren't really any great, long-standing rivalries between perpetual contenders anymore.

In T.O., we get our best kicks out of putting Ottawa out of the playoffs...but victory is essentially empty, because we know there's no Stanley Cup to follow. (Still, it is a bit of fun to put those cry-babies in their place).