• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from AK/AZ

Wheeldog

In the summer the wife and I have seasonal jobs in Alaska. I have a dirt hauling biz and she works for one of the tour companies.

We have a 5th wheel RV we leave in AZ and stay in it about 3 or 4 months out of the year (Dec-March). While here in AZ we have a sign/banner/sticker biz that we started last year. Set up at flea markets on the weekend. Our cutter is a 24" Endura Cut Plus that we bought from Sign Warehouse ......get our supplies from them too.

Wish I knew about this forum sooner. Our only "instruction" in sign making is what came with our cutter. Needless to say lots of vinyl has been wasted on mistakes. :banghead:

Looking around the forum I see LOTS of useful information. Hopefully, we can increase our knowledge as well as our business.:thumb:

Poconopete

Welcome to the "sticker biz" from PA
You may want to pick up a few books, if you haven't already:
Mastering Layout: On the Art of Eye Appeal by Mike Stevens
Logo Design for Small Business by Dan Antonelli
Logo Design for Small Business 2 by Dan Antonell

Kottwitz-Graphics

Welcome from Maryland.

My parents drive up there just about every summer to host a campground down the Denali Hwy. I flew up and spent a couple of weeks, and I envy you living there. Truely beautiful land.

After coming back home, I have said many times that if I knew Alaska was that beautiful when I was a younger man, I would have moved up there.

Wheeldog

Thanks for the info......I will check em out.

wes70

Should be mandatory...must have for all!

and welcome from Nova Scotia!