• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Manitoba!

Roen

To start things off with an introduction, my name is Colin Roy from here at Richmond Signs in Brandon, Manitoba. :Canada 2: I'm currently 22 and I've been in the industry for roughly five years now, starting off part time at my Pa's shop and working my way up (as his eventual "exit strategy", as he so claims haha).

I've had a variety of experience making signs, both in education and through the jobs I've participated in over the years. I recently graduated from NAIT (Northern Albertan Institute of Technology) in Edmonton with a Certificate with Honors from the Graphic Sign Arts program at the top of my class, and since returning home, I've had a thrilling time getting my hands dirty with a variety of projects, such as vehicle wraps and other wide format printed goodies.

So here I am, posting here after stumbling upon these forums (quite the little gem so far - its been an amazing resource even as the lurker I've been for the past week or so). Running a Mimaki JV3-160SP and heading up our shop's graphic design has felt very humbling, and I look forward to partaking in the discussions and immersing myself in the wisdom of many of the industries brightest amidst these forums.

Thanks,

- Colin

Hello Colin,

I'm assuming that you had Doug Holiday as a teacher? Great guy. Welcome to the site, give us a call if you need anything.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Roen

Welcome from Edmonton.
Class of '99 here!
Susan and Rita still teaching?

Stevo

Yessir, Susan's now the Program Head and Rita's teaching layout. Definitely enjoyed my time in Edmonton, albeit it was home for only 8 months lol.

Hello Colin,

I'm assuming that you had Doug Holiday as a teacher? Great guy. Welcome to the site, give us a call if you need anything.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

The Dougler! Awesome guy, easily the coolest educator I've ever had. Even if I didn't enjoy the program as much as I did, working with him made the experience of that course worthwhile.

Thanks for the warm welcomes folks!! :thankyou:

signdog

Congratulations on the Honors. I met you at one of the Sign Arts Advisory Council meetings. You're loaded with passion and will be a fine signmaker.
Cheers from the class of '73