• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Newbie in Texas

Howdy Y'all,

My name is TK Mayfield and I am the owner of Mayfield Prints, a Texas home based business. I recently decided to take my graphics design hobby to a new level - from digitally drawing to digitally printing. Currently, I am doing in-house designs and outsourcing printing jobs. However, I found deal on two wide-format printers I could not turn down (will post specs below). Now that my printers are on the way, I decided I needed to join this forum to humbly learn more about this biz from the Pros. Many of you have spent years learning the hard way - through trail and error - for this I have the deepest respect. If I was wearing a hat, I would indeed take it off. This said, any and all tips, advice, and suggests are most welcome - Ie. what else do I need to get the most out of my printers. Here to learn and hopefully in the process make new friends.

Respectfully,
TK

Equipment Specs.
Roland VersaCAMM SP-300i (30" printer & cutter) comes with basic VersaWorks Software
Mutoh 1604 (64") comes Flexi Dsnr Upgrade Flexi Print Software
Digital Pro 8-in-1 heat transfer press - 15" x 11" flat press and various attachments (3 mug sizes, 2 plate sizes, 1 hat press)

Computers Specs. (Brief Description)
HP TouchScreen Envy23 w/ Windows 8
HP Laptop, Touchscreen w/ Windows 8
Custom built PC w/ Windows 7 Gaming Video Cards
And other PCs (gaming video cards, custom Vista)
All computers above have mass memory and ram

Graphics Design Software
ArtRage 4 (a generic program in comparison to AI, yet is by far my favorite)
Subscription to Adobe CreativeCloud - Adobe Illustrator

idsignsil

Depending on the type of work you are doing you may or may not want to laminate your prints. Temporary yard signs - no, vehicle wrap and more permanent signs - yes. We laminate everything that is printed except for temp yard signs, i.e. golf outings.

Seal & Royal Sovereign are both high quality lamination machines. We have a R.S. Cold Laminator. Do some research on them, there are many different kinds. Find what will work for you in your budget with what you are trying to do as a business.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

:Welcome: to :signs101: Best advise I can give you is to keep the printers busy. Busy printers have lower maintenance.