• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings From Ohio

Atomikron

Hello,
My name is Ron, I am from Akron, Ohio. About 6 months ago I got the chance to help install some wraps on a couple box trucks and vans, I had never done it before. Well, the next thing you know the graphics company, located in Cleveland, starts calling me to do more installs for them. I guess I do a good job for them, because they keep asking me to do more and more complex jobs for them.

My main concern is pricing. I don't want to sell myself short, especially after my skill set increases. Today I got a call from them asking me if I could mount a banner on a building, of course I said yes. I would appreciate any help on quoting them a price. The banner is 4' x 20' mounted on a block/stucco exterior wall no more than 20' high.

I have recently purchased a Roland FJ-52 converted to eco-slovent. I plan on opening my own shop soon. THANKS.

G

Ginger

Our current shop rate is $55/hour. We are located in a small town in Ohio. Typical shop rates vary on where you are located. SignCraft has a really handy shop rate calculator you can use to determine your hourly rate. Hope that helps!

CentralSigns

SignCraft also sells a really good guide on pricing better than the calculator. I think it's 20 bucks. Then you will not be embarrassed by pricing questions online.

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. You need to determine your cost of doing business. There are many very good threads about the subject here at Signs 101. Do a search and spend the time to develope a solid business plan.

dwt

If you join the Premium Forums here at S101 you will find folks are more open to pricing questions.
With that being said, I would find your shop rate and add 15-30% for anything over 8'.
Especially if you have to hire an extra hand, rent a lift or set scaffolding in an awkward area.