• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Oklahoma!

ScottB

Located in Moore (just south of Oklahoma City and in the middle of Tornado Alley) my wife and I do vinyl signs, wide format prints, decals/stickers, and embroidery.

I got into business by being involved with SCCA Solo 2 (or Autocross) competition and had a bad experience with a local sign maker who made my set of magnets. So, I invested some money and bought a vinyl cutter. (I'm not going to mention the brand, because I'm now embarrased to have any financial dealings with a company after visiting for a wide format printer demo that blew up. Very Impressive!)

So fast forward a couple of years and I find myself invested with two embroidery machines (boy do they make a racket), a Roland VP-540, a 54" cold roll laminator, and two friends who happen to be graphic artists. So we now have the ability to put a custom design on fabric as well as any printable media.

I tend to use alot of different types of media since I cater to my clientele so it seems I'm always experimenting with something new. I like the challanges that I've managed to overcome, but the next big hurdle that I want to cross is vehicle wraps. I'd like to wrap my race car, trailer, and truck for practice before taking on a paying project.

Hopefully, I can have some helpful advice as well as learn a lot more about signmaking.

Wildpony

Welcome From Minnesota.
Wrapping your own car and race cars are the best place to start when it comes to wraps. Good way to gain experience.

ScottB

This seems like home! Folks from the area close to where I grew up (Eastern Iowa and Eastern South Dakota) are of the first to welcome me!

THANKS!!!

I've already wrapped a 24 ft long car hauler. That was an experience I'll never forget with the constant Oklahoma breeze (others might call it wind) working against me.