• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Scotland

Mike Grant

Hello, everyone. I've finally decided to actually join the site after years of reading it.

I've been involved in signmaking since 1996, originally with a small promotional graphics company in England, which folded in 2007. I've recently joined a more traditional type signmaking company here in Scotland which does a lot of vehicle vinyl as well as general signage and design services, using a Graphtec cutter and a VersaCamm printer.

I'm currently getting up to speed with FlexiSign and Illustrator on the Mac after 10 years of using solely CorelDraw on PCs... something of a struggle, but I'm getting there!

jscarl

Welcome from mid Michigan. My grandparents (brown) were from Edinburgh area. I have some Sir Harry Lauder records & pictures and a mantle clock they brought over in the late 1800's.

Hi Mike,
A warm welcome from a traditional signwriter and gilder just down the road ( 200 miles ?? ) in Yorkshire. Ive worked in Scotland many many times over the years, was in Edinburgh earlier this year gilding a jewellers shop, great city, pity about the beer !! ha ha !! :ROFLMAO:

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Jillbeans

If you are the same Mike I know and have met (and has bought me a beer) Howdy!
If you are a different Mike I will have to practice my Scots, but the only words I know are minger and scunner. I am sure you're neither.
Love....Jill