• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from the great wet north

AmyW

I'm a nearly total newbie (been stumbling around for a few months) from Chilliwack, British Columbia.
I'm sure you'll all laugh at my choice of equipment (a 24" BlackCat Cougar) but it was only supposed to be a toy. Long story short I was just gonna cut some vinyl letters for my husband's work truck and then have a fun gadget. Originally figured it was a good way to buy myself a crafting toy with business money and a semi-legit way to keep the taxes instead of giving it to Revenue Canada.
Thing is I'm slightly addicted to cutting vinyl and trying to get the ideas in my head into a cut worthy design, and after a few requests to do projects for others have decided to get serious and make this a business.
I work from my basement, usually only evenings and weekends and whenever else the kids (3 littles @ home full time) are cooperative so it's gonna be a long process before I make enough to replace my previous income as an x-ray tech.
I expect to do a lot of reading and learning here without too many posts until I at least start to understand what I don't know and how to ask an appropriately worded question.
I was leaning towards mostly focusing my business on interior decals and various home decor items made with them, but finding a lot of people who do similar stuff on ebay, etsy, and other sites that must not value their time because I don't know how they're doing it that cheap. So, time to re-evaluate my direction, or figure out how to get people to pay more for my stuff because I want to make at least $20 an hour (even that seems kinda low but right now with my limited skills I'm not probably worth any more so its a start)
Hope thats enough of an into, anything I missed ask away.
:)
Amy

Caitlin

Welcome from snowy wet Saskatoon! :)

It will take time and a lot of learning but this is a good place for that!

Richard G

:Welcome:Welcome to the show from sunny south Florida

Screenshot_2013-03-14-17-47-57.jpg

The first time I read the title I read "Greetings from the great net worth". Sorry, I'm just waking up. Nice to meet you and welcome from Metamora, Illinois.