• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from the UK.

mahlstik

Hello everyone,just to say a few words about myself.
I'm an old timer with 60 years signwriting under my belt and still doing the occasional job to stop boredom setting in, after 3 years at art school in Birmingham (UK) I spent the next 6 years as an apprentice signwriter
to one of the oldest established sign firms in the city.
From there I had a number of jobs always changing when I found they had nothing else to teach me, trying to learn every aspect of the trade from neon,installation of all types of signs,screen printing,and my first love the brush.
I spent the rest of my life doing all types of signs from showcards to truck lettering with pubs,shopfronts.gold leaf windows and everything else you can mention in between,if it stayed still long enough I'd write on it.
Now semi-retired on the south coast,been here for 22 years, still getting requests for jobs, but pick and choose them now.
Not got any time myself for vinyl, but appreciate it's usefulness,wouldn't like to go back to writing a church notice board in 1" gold leaf letters.
That's enough about me for now,off to do some designing on the old computer.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Welcome from the south coast of the USA. I was taught by a second generation sign writer from the UK. About 28 years ago. He now lives in Sheringham in the county of Norfolk.

Welcome from Kentucky...Forget vinyl, get yourself a brand new latex printer with 54 inch auto registration plotter and make some money! YEAH! Then a laminator, then a flatbed, then a router....God it never ends.
Only you can decide when to get an unpaid intern

(yes I read your original post about retiring and taking it easy...)

Caitlin

Welcome from cold, blizzarding Saskatchewan, Canada!

Sounds like you could teach most of us here a thing or two :Big Laugh