• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from...

Snappy Signs

Peabody, Massachusetts!
VERY new to the sign biz! Just started in March and have NO idea what I am doing...lol

My biggest problem is pricing. I do not want to screw up the prices in the area. Can I just tell existing I am new, and ask what they charge?

Anyway.. hello

Replicator

Welcome Snappy Signs . . . Grew up in Marblehead, 5-minutes from ya !

Get yourself copies of :
SignCraft 2007 Sign Pricing Guide,
SignWriters Pricing Guide
and the Price Index Manual from signprice.com.

These will help you greatly . . .
But the only true way to know your pricing will end up being experience.

Good Luck !

Cy Fan

I agree with replicator, get the pricing guides, but learn from experience.

Good Luck and Welcome

signage

Another welcome from PA, I also agree with Replicator, also figure out your overhead and price to make a profit not a wage!!!!!!

WVB

Have friends call your competitors for pricing... This will give you a ballpark area of what your area will bring. But do not forget to figure out your own costs including overhead, etc.

maddmd

Welcome from NJ :Welcome:

Don't under sell yourself like I did, it's hard to adjust up after you start low.

Good Luck

Snappy Signs

Thanks!!...

....everyone for all the tips. I do have that signcraft guide, but the prices seem high. Guess I feel guilty taking money for something that is so fun well ..MOST of the time.

Been in business since March 1st. Been doing fair i would say.
How long does it take to start being busy EVERY day?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
....everyone for all the tips. I do have that signcraft guide, but the prices seem high. Guess I feel guilty taking money for something that is so fun well ..MOST of the time.

Been in business since March 1st. Been doing fair i would say.
How long does it take to start being busy EVERY day?

3 quick tips:

- Respect the trade, Be competitive but not a cut-throat.
- Don't buy Avery brand Vinyl...
- Purchase a name brand vinyl cutter.

And Welcome Aboard! :thumb:

Ken

HI Snappy! Love your sign in. Is that your actual business name? I think it is great!
Pricing for a newbie is always a tough thing. Pricing guides are, well, regional.
If you are the only show in town, if you have 6 sign shops within 15 miles, if the local economy is booming, if you are lazy..get it? Try to establish a shop rate. Factor in not only your expenses on a job , but also your long term overhead. The machinery and computers don't last forever and need upgrade/replacement periodically. This is NOT insignificant. Software upgrades also. You didn't say if you were painting, cutting vinyl, printing vinyl or what?
Welcome to our wacky world!
Cheers! from Beautiful BC.
Ken

Snappy Signs

Thanks ...Yes, that is my business name. I have a Versa Camm, with Flexi 8, so I print on the vinyl. Seems a lot easier than laying down 2 or 3 layers of vinyl.

snappysigns2go.com