• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings

SignCraft

Hello all,

Newbie here from the UK.
I'm just "trying" to set up my own business making hand crafted wood signs, I made a fair few up to now but many people said to me "you could make money from this" or "you've missed your calling in life", I started off doing the odd sign for our community gardens (allotments) and then people were asking me to make house number/name signs, room names etc for them.

Very much new to all this but I'm enjoying it and my skill level is improving (I hope).

My work to date has consisted of hand carved lettering, acrylic painting of text, routed signs with embellishments. I add to plain signs with added materials (veneers, soft stone, metals) to make them something a little different from the norm.

Anyway, that's me, I dare say I'll be asking many questions of you all in regard to techniques and tools.

Cheers!

Paul