• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grey Backing VS White?

ABPGraphics

Hi guys.

Today we had a random package shipped to us from Fellers. It had our name, address and everything else but we didn't order it. So we open it up and there is some white vinyl in it. So we noticed on the back it says Qualitee Signs of Oregon on the back. We end up calling fellers and tell them they shipped to the wrong place...

Anyway, to get to the point we looked at the actual vinyl they ordered and compared it to ours. It was pretty much the same stuff but theirs had just a plain white backing and ours had a gray. Everything else was basically the same. So we looked them up in the fellers catalogue and theirs is Oracal 3164 and what we get is 3651. What is the difference? Theirs costs roughly half the price of the vinyl we use. The magazine says theres is a 4 year and ours is a 5 year. Is it worth paying double for 1 more year?

Thanks in advance
ABP Graphics

Circleville Signs

In answer to your question - it depends.

Gray adhesive vinyl is considered "opaque". So, that means it has hiding power. Re-facing an old piece of substrate? Probably want a grey pigmented adhesive.

Gary

mshi

was is 3640? 3640 is Oracal indoor/short term outdoor calendared media. If you are doing alot of outside work ou might be best to stick with what you currently use. if you are looking at short term outdoor signs like 18x24 coro's they are plenty of price competitive products out there like 3640

heyskull

Watch the 3640 and 3641 as it shrinks so fast.
Absolutley useless I haven't a clue how Oracal sell any as within 6 months it has shrunk by as much as 5mm!

SC