• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grey fading to purple Arizona Oce 360 XT

Cranniga1

We have been having issues with larger prints that are supposed to be solid grey fading to a purplish grey. First it was on Optix DA Acrylic, we managed to fix it by rotating the files in pre production so they would fit the bed (which doesnt make much sense to me as to why rotating in pre production would make a difference versus me doing it in pre flight). Not I am printing a similar grey on Gator board and the same thing is happening. we are running CMYKW and ONyx as the rip software, no nozzle drop outs before or after prints. We had service on the machine 2 weeks ago and literally everything else has come out pristine. Any clues?

p.s. I tried taking pictures for examples but it is so faint you cant really tell from the pics

UVRay

Have you tried printing those greys in black only? It sounds like you're starving ink as the 4 color grey image becomes so large that the ink pumps maybe in the yellow channel is starving just enough to upset that dine balance?

Have you looked at GCR settings in the rip? Maybe you need more black replacement and less CMY in your neutrals? Are you running G7 tone curves?