• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grey Help? Mutoh Valuejet 1304

Jacob Cain

Jacob Cain
Ive been having problems getting my colors down. When I'm not using color correction my Blues/Reds/Greens/Yellows are great! But my greys are turning a terrible greenish. When I use color correction it's the total opposite. My greys are great. But I loose all my main colors.( Reds and Blues are TERRIBLE) Wondering if anyone has ran into a problem like this and how to fix it? Appreciate the help.

FYI I'm designing in Illustrator and printing through Flexi.

Jacob Cain

unmateria

Hi Jacob :) for a little more info, can you post a Photo of a complete nozzle check? Turn off the valuejet, and turn on again pressing Up, down and right (release the Keys when menu shows the adjustement menu). Look for nozzle check and post It. Have you adjusted the little bar un the right side of the head? Never happened to me that greenish but maybe is that (in my case Grey where magenta)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Gray is the hardest thing to print on a CMYK printer. The RIP, any RIP, interprets grays in CMYK, not just K. Unless the various gods that deal with this sort of thing are smiling, grays will tend to various tints. Usually green and/or magenta. You could invest in some intense profiling but even that's sketchy.

In passing, what are your rendering intents? If they're not "No Color Correction" or "Saturation" for everything save bitmaps [which should be "Perceptual"] you might improve things a bit by setting them as stated.

unmateria

Ive been having problems getting my colors down. When I'm not using color correction my Blues/Reds/Greens/Yellows are great! But my greys are turning a terrible greenish. When I use color correction it's the total opposite. My greys are great. But I loose all my main colors.( Reds and Blues are TERRIBLE) Wondering if anyone has ran into a problem like this and how to fix it? Appreciate the help.

FYI I'm designing in Illustrator and printing through Flexi.

Jacob Cain
Rereading your question... It could be that you are exporting from illustrator with a CMYK profile that flexi doesnt like (i never used It by the way but we had that problems with other rips). Try exporting a TIFF in sRGB (not adobergb ) and a builtin color profile/environment from flexi. Can you make densitometries with that software?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk