• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Greys Printing Blue

When I had this problem a long time ago it was because the files were set up by the client. I told him he had to give me CMYK files, but, of course, he was working in RGB all the time.
Results All the grays were in the 3 colors, Such as: 10% gray was actually 6% Cyan, Mag & Yellow. If your printing set is perfectly balanced you may get away with it, But if it is not, or you push one color or the other colors it will tone. In my case, the client thought there was too much blue in his blues so we backed off the cyan and all of a sudden all his gray boxes turned magenta/pink. The other way it can happen is if you have the inks switched (because you were doing something with a special setup)

netsol

I am running an old HP DesignJet L26500 with Onyx 10.2.4.5 and I have not been able to get grays for years. Recently, we calibrated our medias and it does not make the grey look grey whatsoever. On my last test prints yesterday the greys were all on the green side even the PMS grey like 430, 431, 432, etc...
the process is not the problem. i assume it was the first time you did this? DONE PROPERLY the greys will be grey

NOT ONLY are my greys consistent, greys print the same on different machines (older roland with CMYKlclm & mutoh vj1617h CMYK

netsol

UPDATE

Ended up downloading some different print profiles and colors came out perfect.
But, you realize those downloaded profiles can not measure all the variables associated with YOUR EQUIPMENT

kind of like going to your. CArdiologist & making a diagnosis from my ekg

BigNate

Ladies, Gentlemen, I don't want to debate Colour Management, RIPs, and or best practices, what I will engage in are possible solutions to a problem that can be resolved,

Gray balance is and always has been an issue across multiple platforms, it is at essence the backbone of all visual reproduction,

end game is, if the white is white and the black is black, everything in between should be neutral, then you should be good to go, thats why my file is 0% - 100%

I'm going to pop off on 3 of my devices some visual samples and will share with the hope to help anyone understand, how I attack this issue,

So did you "pop off"? we are all very curious as to what you will share after popping.... really hoping to see if anyone understand how you attack.

bdw99

But, you realize those downloaded profiles can not measure all the variables associated with YOUR EQUIPMENT

kind of like going to your. CArdiologist & making a diagnosis from my ekg
I do, but so far no issues so less headache for me.