• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greys printing pink all of a sudden?

CarNate69

I can't figure this one out, all of my greys have decided to add a pink hue to them. I have checked everything possible.

SC-545EX - 6 color, of course. Flexi 7.6v2.

• The test print looks fine. Some deflected nozzles, but nothing extreme to make this color shift.
  • All inks are full. I even pulled with a syringe to be sure they were firing correctly.
  • I checked the cap tops. I recently installed these, and the test print looks OK, so I assume this isn't the problem?
  • It isn't the profile. Did enough on this to rule this out. It also will do the same with using a different profile.
  • I don't think it's the file, it printed the same from both computers, with or without making a new file.
  • Encoder strip has been cleaned, just in case.
  • No shadowing or anything on any text.
It's flat out acting like it's NOT printing a color when it's printing, but how, when the test print looks OK?

I'm out of ideas, short of checking the head cables, but the test print looks OK, so I would think the cables would be just fine.

Nothing has been changed settings wise, it started this all of a sudden.

Any ideas? Dampers? (I don't have any drop out to think it's a damper?) This is the toughest one yet.

MikePro

accidentally swap the Black and Magenta lines? lol
otherwise my guess would be an RGB black with some wierd variables?
mis-selected profile option?

abadsvt

You might have already tried this but i did a bunch of signs for a real estate company that use this light grey metal pattern on there signs. When i did a test print from there artwork they provided me the grey had a pink hue to it. It drove me insane. I tried tweaking the color and so on. Then i took a print outside to the sunlight and the pink hue went away. It must have been my lights above the printer but for now on i look at the print in daylight before tweaking anything. Not sure if that helps but it worked for me. Good luck!

Josh

CarNate69

I've looked at them outdoors, but they are still off. I have a test swatch that I use for greys, which is how I know that it's really far off.

I don't think I Swapped lines, but I wish it was that easy!

Any other ideas? This is definitely hardware related, but I can't pinpoint it..

MikePro

misalignment from the magenta to the black?
might look pink because the magenta isn't laying down on top of the black like it should?

CarNate69

Service mode report...

There is something wrong with the light cyan head. It isn't firing during the horizontal alignment test and is dropping out some during the vertical alignment. I will change the dampers and see.

Last edited: