Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Griefshare.org

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by James Burke, May 6, 2013.

1. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Has anybody here on the forum been through a GriefShare course? It's been nearly a month since my father's passing, and I'm ready to move toward the next step of healing. Griefshare.org (http://www.griefshare.org) has a local church that sponsors a group, but it will be a few months before it starts. I was just wondering what it was like.

Tags:
  2. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Jim;
    The church I attend has had a Griefshare ministry for over ten years. We have been able to help hundreds of people face the loss of loved ones from various situations. {ie] divorce, separation, death, or long term illness.

Each person comes with various and different needs. If the program is run correctly you can take from it what ever your personal situation requires.

I was most helped as I was able to talk through some of my fears and loss. I also was helped by realizing that a lot of what I was experiencing was "normal" and most people struggle from time to time with feelings of abandonment and loss.
    Being able to express this to others who share your grief, and similar experiences will generally help you through the healing process.

Best of luck.