• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Grimco has gone down hill fast for us

HulkSmash

Never really had an issue with grimco. Our local guys always go beyond for us. Can't vouch for other states, but my guys literally bend backwards for us. As for pricing, They've given me the best pricing on the things i buy the most of. Can't speak for other things. Good people IMO.

TXFB.INS

agree, Grimco is dropping the ball (really tired of seeing their March Madness "Specials") and no longer in the top 10 for supplies for us.

Lucky Sky

...and they have no inventory. Why leave descriptions of items in the online catalog if you don't have it, and I can't wait for you to order it from your vendor. I heard they are laying off staff, they simply aren't making money so they are trying to scale back. I've stopped buying from them, I used to use them for price comparisons, not worth it these days.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
They deliver to me in their own truck , unfortunately some vinyl and heat press material no longer come in boxes or even have cardboard cores just bagged.they do have vinyl racks in the truck but come on , my printer wants a core to put end caps on . Prices have gone up since all their buyouts but they do or did deliver quickly - next day usually IF in stock if not in stock good luck drop ship is hit and miss - they sure are hitting Facebook hard with ads and promos l had to silence them

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just stocked up on MaxMetal cause that price was pretty bad ass... I have waaayyyy too many sheets of ACM for a guy in his garage.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What did you pay? My normal price was over $15/sheet less than their pallet pricing and on their HD its almost $30 less.

$35/sheet for regular MaxMetal... I've been paying $52 for NGlantz and even though theirs is .20 aluminum and Maxmetal is .15 it's not that big of a deal. I asked NGlantz if they would come down and they only dropped to $45 if I got 50 sheets.

Christian @ 2CT Media

$35/sheet for regular MaxMetal... I've been paying $52 for NGlantz and even though theirs is .20 aluminum and Maxmetal is .15 it's not that big of a deal. I asked NGlantz if they would come down and they only dropped to $45 if I got 50 sheets.
You got a better deal than we were offered but we pay $28-30/sheet everyday for .2mm (.008") acp. Do you have a piedmont or polymer shapes near you?

letterman7

So far I haven't had much issue with them. I primarily purchase 3M vinyls from them and not much else. However, a buddy of mine saw them with a booth at a local craft - not trade - show selling equipment and supplies to the end user. So.. how much savings are we really getting from them? If I could find 3M's stuff cheaper elsewhere I'd switch in a minute.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We used to purchase most of our supplies from them but with the recent price increases in maxmetal 'because of the tariffs', we now get our stuff from another supplier. I am not going to haggle for my supplies. It is easier to go elsewhere and the prices are better.

OhioSigns

I usually have nothing but good things to say about Grimco but was irritated when I went to place an order a couple days ago. They had sent out an email a couple of weeks ago about a "March Madness" sale on MaxMetal and it was all over their Facebook too. The sale was running from March 11 - March 29 so I went to place my order online and the pricing was way higher than advertised...... for instance the sale price for the 6mm was $71.85 but was showing up around $104 on the website. I called the local branch to find out what was going on with their website pricing and they said they had to stop the special because they ran out of substrates and the pricing was no longer available. So, why advertise it as this date to this date and not "while supplies last". I would have ordered it as soon as I seen it on special and not waited until March 27 if it was advertised properly. They did honor the pricing for the 3mm single sided and double sided MaxMetal but still wanted $82.86 for the 6mm instead of the advertised $71.85. There was also no emails or Facebook post to inform that the sale was no longer in effect. It was just really irritating and usually I have nothing but good things to say about Grimco. When issues occur they are always right on it and bend over backwards to get the products to you in a timely manner and remedy the situation.

BadAss

Ordered a new plotter from them, spent 3 days now trying to get a tracking number. 4 calls at least a day. I cant get any answers. Unbelievable!!!!

SameDay Signs

If you are in the Ohio, MI, Indiana area I would highly suggest Wensco...I used Grimco alot and there pricing has gone up pretty dramatic on alot of things and Wensco has been able to keep it affordable even if i have to ask about a couple items and they delivere atleast to my area in truck Mon-Thur which you just cannot beat and offer a $3 shippping charge over $100, DEAL...i do love Harbor they were unbeatable in pricing but stopped delivering to our area so Wensco it is....If you call them ask for Tom or Sebastion there extremely knowledgable and best part you can order online up to 4am and still have for next day on truck if its delivery day for you

TheSignShop1316

Yep, I have switched to Wensco out of Detroit after Grimco had screwed up my 20th order. Some defective substrates I could NOT believe they let leave their warehouse..multiple times. I couldn't rely on the quality of the materials to arrive when I was on the hook to my customers in a time-crunch. That and it taking forever to get something that had to be shipped from a location other than my local. I found their ship times vague too - often having to call and have them track something down. Everyone was so nice, but they should put their money into logistics and quality control instead of fancy YouTube and Facebook ads!

BadAss

So now been almost 4 weeks since we ordered a new plotter. Spent 6 business days with calls and emails trying to get a tracking number with promises from almost every employee form different cities that they would get it to me. Well plotter just showed up last Friday. We went to assemble it on Saturday only to find out it was not the plotter we ordered. Called them first thing Monday morning and they said they would get it worked out. Emailed that afternoon and asked what was going on. Said they were still working on it. As of Thursday last week, still NO response. I call Thursday and said they had till Friday afternoon to figure it out as my business is behind due to this horrific service. Was told someone would get back with me Right Away. So here it is Monday at lunch and still NO calls. I have turned it over to my Bank to retrieve my funds. NEVER AGAIN WITH GRIMCO. You should here about the vinyl debacle they created for me. But maybe another time.