• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GRIMCOOOOO!! ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEM WITH THEM?

I had been using them since I opened in 2015, they were super for the first 1.5 years............ but then the HONEYMOON stage was over!....... they took my delivery route out of the map, even though I was getting a decent truck load every week, UPS started delivering all my vinyl, I obviously stopped using them for the substrate because I had to pay for a carrier to bring it or get it myself, so I started to use N.Glantz...... after like 3 months, I got a phone call that they were adding my route again!.... ha! I didnt even ask for it, all I did was stop ordering my large substrate from them...... while all that nonsense was going on, I was also fighting customer service, my vinyl was not being delivered on time, or the warehouse didnt set it out on time for UPS pick up..... bleh bleh bleh......

Now that I have a route back, the warehouse forgets to put it in the delivery truck, seems like EVERY WEEK!!!! ..........

N.Glantz seems to be quite higher on vinyl, and they have a delivery fee (not much! $4.50) but when they dont have something in stock and they have to order it from the manf. they roll the shipping expense over to me! I found out after paying $30+ for shipping on a roll of vinyl, + they dont wont drop ship, so it goes to their warehouse and from there it sit until the truck comes to me, so its like a 2.5 week wait!

someone please send me your awesome secret supplier!

TIA
Johanna

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My awesome secret supplier? Lol, Nglantz.. Our location is good. Vinyl is slightly higher but the dependability our branch offers makes it worth it. When I order from others its a shot in the dark if they would get it out on time or if UPS or FEDEX actually deliver it correctly.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use them both (Grimco and NGlantz), but NGlantz is my go-to for most orders. Grimco (and before that Proveer) used to be, but when they started buying up other suppliers, their customer services slipped quite a bit.

Can't say enough good things about NGlantz - they've really come through for us even when a mishap occurs (and they will with every vendor at some point).

ddarlak

Go Bills!
GRIMCO is on my chit list today.

ordered ink Friday, always a 1 day delivery. yesterday ink doesn't show up. After three phone calls they finally tell me they had inventory Friday and didn't ship it out but it will go out today(Monday) and you'll have it tomorrow. Check tracking number this morning, it will be delivered Wednesday.....

F U GRIMCO, F U

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just signed up for Grimco because I've never checked out their prices but they seem consistently higher then Nglantz.

CanuckSigns

I'm having issues with the Toronto branch not stocking enough ink for our epson s80600, they seem to be out of stock of it on a regular basis, and what they do have the only have 1-2 carts . I've tried to talk to them and their reply is that Epson has next day delivery to them so they don't feel the need to carry much stock, but if they are running out constantly they need to order more in.

bannertime

I rarely have issues with Grimco in DFW. We've been using them for many, many years now and have only cursed their name a handful of times. I can't say that for many other suppliers. I know that once they got rid of all there veteran sales people things started getting funky, but things have straightened out.

I think the reason I prefer them is that someone answers the phone immediately. I haven't ordered enough from GSG or NGlantz to know their sales practices, but for general sign supplies, Grimco has always done us right.

GRIMCO is on my chit list today.

ordered ink Friday, always a 1 day delivery. yesterday ink doesn't show up. After three phone calls they finally tell me they had inventory Friday and didn't ship it out but it will go out today(Monday) and you'll have it tomorrow. Check tracking number this morning, it will be delivered Wednesday.....

F U GRIMCO, F U

UGH!!! I have so been there!! VERY ANNOYING! I normally keep a full set of inks, and unfortunately we had just switched printers so our favorites list didnt get updated (our mistake), and my girl just added ink to the cart from there, so I had the wrong set for back up. I told them I needed them next day, I would pay for them! and still didnt get them out to me on time. took 4 days!

I just signed up for Grimco because I've never checked out their prices but they seem consistently higher then Nglantz.

I have pretty good prices, N.Glantz can not match. It's significantly higher, when they have their "sales" and my price still lower than their "sales"... but I am about to pay little more for better service!

I rarely have issues with Grimco in DFW. We've been using them for many, many years now and have only cursed their name a handful of times. I can't say that for many other suppliers. I know that once they got rid of all there veteran sales people things started getting funky, but things have straightened out.

I think the reason I prefer them is that someone answers the phone immediately. I haven't ordered enough from GSG or NGlantz to know their sales practices, but for general sign supplies, Grimco has always done us right.

They did have a change in people at the KC branch, so I DO blame part of the problem on that..... and have been VERY VERY patient with their mistakes, and I address it try to let them know to please not do it again, and just keeps happening!

I just ordered 1200 worth of LED conversion stuff, I checked their order just to make sure, my install is 60' up in the air and very big cabinet, I have a rental for 1 day, so I need to make sure I have everything I need!! They talked me into using their Wingspan Extrusion for the install, so for the ease of things I said yes! well I am looking at this extrusion that I have never used, and start to think, these have no easy way to install, UNLESS I am missing some sort of fasting system, well Low behold, I called them and asked, " oh yeah, you need the springs and joint connector".......WT HECK!!!! so what if I had not caught this mistake, been up 60' in the air with an expensive lift rental and have to wait to get these connectors the next day! add another day to the rental, and labor, I just could not imagine..... I get frustrated just thinking about :(

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Only problem I have with Grimco is sometimes I get stuff too fast. Not a bad problem to have, huh? Ordered 2 roils of print vinyl at 10:00 am. They showed up at 2:00. I love em!

gabagoo

That bloody phone system they have really sucks. I am on hold now...it rang and threw me directly into hold and I sit here for 5 minutes listening to their phone ads....wondering if anyone will pick up, and then yes they do and it sounds like they are talking out of their azzes... GET A NEW PHONE SYSTEM!!!!

Other than that I like their service and I generally buy all my substrates from them....

FatCat

Went from a poor relationship with Grimco to a great one about 4 years ago with a new sales rep they hired. She was fantastic, called me a couple times a month and usually stopped in at least once a month to check on me and see how I was doing. As such, she took away a lot of business from other shops I had been using. The problem is she did so well they promoted her to sales manager and at that point stopped calling and checking on me, and her replacement didn't bother to do so either. Then all of a sudden the great prices and service I was getting started trickling away as did my purchases at Grimco. Now I only use them if I absolutely have to or something is on sale. Most of the time they have such poor availability of items its laughable - meanwhile my buddy who owns a shop in Cleveland swears by Grimco up there. So I guess it really depends on who is running the show and how much they want to care about you.

Another aggravating issue is I can't recall how many times they run a 10% off everything special....ON SATURDAY!!! I try not to work Saturdays and they know that - you'd think a sales rep there would give me a courtesy call and say "Hey, we're doing a 10% off special tomorrow..." but nope...

*Still, my biggest concern and head-scratcher is that with so many people complaining about Grimco, how is it they are able to continually gobble up (buy out) the competition?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The key here is, whether you're working with Grimco, Glantz, Fellers or any other distributor, nationwide.... you would do better to plan things in advance, instead of waiting til the last minute.

So many people here on this site, always complaining about a delivery that didn't show up the next day..... says one thing...... as soon as you get an order, you're promising it out. Haven't you any backlog, that you are working basically hand-to-mouth ?? Sure, sometimes you need something overnight, due to running out of something unforeseen or an oversight, but y'all are always b!tching about it. It happens so much, it's mind boggling.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That bloody phone system they have really sucks. I am on hold now...it rang and threw me directly into hold and I sit here for 5 minutes listening to their phone ads....wondering if anyone will pick up, and then yes they do and it sounds like they are talking out of their azzes... GET A NEW PHONE SYSTEM!!!!

Other than that I like their service and I generally buy all my substrates from them....

There's nothing wrong with the phone system...... they only have two operators on duty.

TDFcustomSL

Went from a poor relationship with Grimco to a great one about 4 years ago with a new sales rep they hired. She was fantastic, called me a couple times a month and usually stopped in at least once a month to check on me and see how I was doing. As such, she took away a lot of business from other shops I had been using. The problem is she did so well they promoted her to sales manager and at that point stopped calling and checking on me, and her replacement didn't bother to do so either. Then all of a sudden the great prices and service I was getting started trickling away as did my purchases at Grimco. Now I only use them if I absolutely have to or something is on sale. Most of the time they have such poor availability of items its laughable - meanwhile my buddy who owns a shop in Cleveland swears by Grimco up there. So I guess it really depends on who is running the show and how much they want to care about you.

Another aggravating issue is I can't recall how many times they run a 10% off everything special....ON SATURDAY!!! I try not to work Saturdays and they know that - you'd think a sales rep there would give me a courtesy call and say "Hey, we're doing a 10% off special tomorrow..." but nope...

*Still, my biggest concern and head-scratcher is that with so many people complaining about Grimco, how is it they are able to continually gobble up (buy out) the competition?
They actually have sales reps huh? I have been trying to locate mine for about 3 years and all I ever hear is, "I will have your local rep get in touch with you". I have yet to place an order with them because their pricing is so much higher than anywhere else, which is why I would like to talk to my rep. Wish I could continue dealing with my rep from advantage but I guess they wont let him deal with me anymore. Guess I will stick to Nglantz, and fellers.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
They actually have sales reps huh? I have been trying to locate mine for about 3 years and all I ever hear is, "I will have your local rep get in touch with you". I have yet to place an order with them because their pricing is so much higher than anywhere else, which is why I would like to talk to my rep. Wish I could continue dealing with my rep from advantage but I guess they wont let him deal with me anymore. Guess I will stick to Nglantz, and fellers.

I hate the pricing games some of these suppliers play.

Johnny Best

I order everything from Grimco from their website, works great, never had a problem.
I also like Fellers for their availability of vinyl and pricing. Call Feller's rep, get a price on material from him, call their toll free number tell them the price I was given and they tell me if I can pick it up from their warehouse or have it delivered.

nate

If you're close by Utah regional supply here in salt lake city is fantastic. Website or phone orders, same day shipping, good pricing.

They have a large facility and stock a ton of stuff.

www.regionalsupply.com