• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grind/Squeaky noise at the print head mimaki jf1631

jdwilliams1

I am starting to hear a grind(with squeak) noise at the print head as is goes back and forth. Just appears to be metal rubbing metal is there a place to add grease on the supports that print head goes back and forth on? I may not be describing this well but the issue seems to be getting worse.

Thanks in advance

Jay

jdwilliams1

Actually I have found a ball bearing...so believe I have an issue. What part has the bearings that connects the print head assembly to the linear way rails?( Not sure that is the right terminology

Jay

TomZ

I am starting to hear a grind(with squeak) noise at the print head as is goes back and forth. Just appears to be metal rubbing metal is there a place to add grease on the supports that print head goes back and forth on? I may not be describing this well but the issue seems to be getting worse.

Thanks in advance

Jay

It sounds like your Linear Bearings are shot. Stop running it till you change them or you will have to change your rails to

jdwilliams1

On Roland printers the rails and bearings are a matched set. You have to change both.

I think the mimaki jf1631 come with the bearings and the linear way together so I will be replacing them both. My question is has anyone every changed these? How difficult is it? Any advise?

Jay

APCInk

Merchant Member
We haven't replaced them on a JF, but have replaced them on JV5-320s when we refurbished them. We only replaced the bearing slides themselves. The head carriage bolted to the slides in 4 places each, if I remember correctly. Unbolt and replace them one at a time if possible. In order to replace the whole way the machine would most likely need to be put back into a jig to make sure the ways are level. We found a part number on the slide that we googled and ordered from Amazon I believe.

Good Luck!

Brian Hendricks
American Print Consultants
Business: 818-9-APCINK(27-2465)
Cell: 419-552-0194
Email: brian@apcink.com

DDJF

We recently decommissioned our JF1631, we have a use for the rails and bearing but we have lots of other parts new and used if you are in need.