• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gromets and banners

gabagoo

Do I look like the bad guy if I were to call and complain to the company supplying me with pre cut hemmed and grometed banners that when putting gromets into small banners especially, that the gromets should be put in the same way top and bottom?
Maybe I am being anal, but I am working on these small 22" x 72" blue banners... ( I would do them digitally but a solid blue background is a tough colour for me to replicate so...) As I was putting vinyl down on them I was looking at the gromets along the bottom and they were all backwards. In other words they were grometted from the back side and the top gromets were done from the finish side. What you get are two different looks.
I mean I dont think the customer would notice, but thats not the point. On a small banner it is pretty noticeable to me.

Do I make the call or live with it.

J

john1

I would say something most likely, I'm picky on things like that. I mean how hard is it to put in grommets lol

I print all my banners anymore, Thank goodness lol

royster13

I am picky on things like that so I would ask my client....And sometimes they are not as picky as me! And if you send it to them without asking, your client might "quietly" complain, accept it and never cover back...

gabagoo

OK I am not alone...... I mean if it were a 4' x 10' banner OK I dont care, you would never see them, but these are small. I will use them this time but next time I order them I will let them know

sfr table hockey

I think I would let them know right away and state that you will keep this one but ask if that is acceptable on their end to install that way. If they say no then you know they aren't happy with it either. If they say yes you know to remind them on every order.

If you wait untill next order they will ask why you didn't say anything.

Thats not being too pickey..... just professional.

i would say something. i'm really anal about that kinda thing, that would just annoy the hell out of me to be honest! even if the client didn't mind i would.....but thats just me!

gabagoo

i would say something. i'm really anal about that kinda thing, that would just annoy the hell out of me to be honest! even if the client didn't mind i would.....but thats just me!

I feel I am on thin ice with them anyways as the banners I buy from them are the only ones I get because i dont really like their brand of banner. The colours are all matte and vinyl really does not seem to stick well to it initially, so when peeling transfer tape you can easily rip the serif off a letter.

I only order these blue banners because it matches a colour I need for a large client who orders continually during the year. They used to send me them and again because they are small you can see defects in the material very easily. I think when they are sewing the banners they may crimp in spots which puts a permanent whitish mark in the material and I only put one line of copy on these so they are predominently blue and I complained about it and insisted they redo 2 or 3 of them in the past. I got the feeling they were pissed with me because I pointed it out.
go figure...but theya re the only ones who have the colour match so I am stuck

jiarby

I don't care which way the grommets are in. The customer doesn't either. Even so, there definitely is a front and a back.

What do you do for a double sided banner? Half & Half?

gabagoo

I don't care which way the grommets are in. The customer doesn't either. Even so, there definitely is a front and a back.

What do you do for a double sided banner? Half & Half?

The point is that there is a front and a back and it is obvious on a small banner....so either make them all backwards or all forward. Seeing that I have never seen it like this before they probably hired a new person.

Sticky Signs

That's a pretty stupid thing to screw up. I would say something and have them fix the problem. Not worth risking a good client.
Why don't you find a local printer that can match that blue and have them print the banners for you?

jiarby

The banners are WHITE and then somehow printed blue?? They then get creases when handled roughly?

Or

You are buying BLUE banner material (solid)?

Sign Graphics

I own a wholesale banner company and what happened is they have flipped the banner over to keep them lined up properly. If the spacing measurements are not exact and you start from the opposite end (on automated grommet machines) the grommet alignment will be slightly off. Easy to fix just request it on your next order. It would not bother me if a customer asked me about it. Dave