• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommet Machine Question

jestoker723

I have the following grommet machine: http://www.buygrommets.com/buygrommets/BGTEPXL_grommet_machine.asp

It worked perfectly for vinyl banners when I got it, but for some reason the grommets will not fully compress now. Anyone have any experience with this machine? I contacted the company about it and they gave me some suggestions, but none of them worked. It looks like everything is working.

I know this is a cheaper machine. Is there another one that is cost efficient for someone who only uses it 5 to 10 times a month?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you have self-piercing grommets made specifically for a grommet machine ??

There are different types of grommets. Be sure yours are the correct kind.

Our machine is probably 20 years old and other than maybe needing some new dyes that aren't cracking, it's great.

jestoker723

They are self-piercing grommets. I bought them from the same place I got the machine from.

They told me that they were the only ones that would work on that machine and that outside companies grommets would not work.

Is that the case?

gregwallace

We dont have the same one as you but on ours there is a screw on the bottom piece that adjusts the bottom die up and down for different size materials. If yours wont adjust you could always add small squares of vinyl banner material to the back of your banner where the grommet goes to thicken the banner enough for the grommet to tighten all the way.

Gene@mpls

On ours the upper die slowly peens over to the point where the cut out pcs of vinyl etc. jamb in there and then you cannot
compress the grommet all the way. Tip it over and look. Gene

xxtoni

Our grommet machine is similar and it can't pierce frontlit banner on it's own. Not a big deal we just usually pre-pierce it a bit manually and then do the rest with the grommet.

If it worked before and doesn't now I'd take a look at the grommets, if they're from the same batch as the ones you used before when it worked then it's something with the machine.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I have the Hiker from fellers with an adjustable die. I only use it occasionaly but it was worth the money, I can go from 6mm corr. plastic (without crushing it), to a single layer of banner material with a simple adjustment.
You get what you pay for , even with grommet machines.:wink: