• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommet Machine Recommendation...?

Sven

Looking for a solid grommet machine that's not *too* expensive, or any comments regarding what anyone has used and where they purchased it. Does it suck? Is it awesome?

Thanks

Bretbyron

I love our kick press and it's hands free. It's an old upholstery button machine. Got it used for $150 from Jon Harb + $150 for self piercing grommets and dies from King Richards.

TimToad

Over the decades, I've mostly used either a Hiker or Stimpson which are essentially the same machine with very slight differences. They cost about the same, $220-230 at Sign-Mart and both seem to relatively impervious to problems or maintenance issues.

We go through thousands and thousands of grommets per year and our Stimpson 405 just keeps on cruising along.

Sign Works

Everyone recommends Hiker or Stimpson brands but I've been using a Fasnap Gromet Press for the last 18 years without any problems. The Hiker and Stimpson gromets appear to be a bit cheaper than the Fasnap gromets, something to consider. Also I mounted mine to a piece of MDO to provide a much more solid base.

Attachments

• fasnap-grommet-machine-10.jpg
    fasnap-grommet-machine-10.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 84