• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

grommet press not holding grommets

michsanford

I have used the same automatic grommet press for probably 10 years now. All of a sudden, the top die won't hold the grommets when I load them. There used to be a "slight magnetism" (I THINK) that lightly held them in place before engaging press.

I have asked my grommet supplier, and they have changed nothing and have had no other complaints about the grommets.

any idea of what could be going on?

gabagoo

With mine it is an "O" ring that broke off. I too thought it was a magnet that held the top piece. The O ring is cheap and available at Home depot

michsanford

With mine it is an "O" ring that broke off. I too thought it was a magnet that held the top piece. The O ring is cheap and available at Home depot
Oh really??? Wow! I have been doing this for 13+ years..and just realizing this!
Thanks so much!!!

StarSign

In a pinch we have used a rubber band wrapped around the piece and it gives enough pressure to hold the grommet in place.

signage

That wasn't calling you out was just trying to make other aware to list as much as possible. It just like us complaining about how much does a sign cost!

michsanford

That wasn't calling you out was just trying to make other aware to list as much as possible. It just like us complaining about how much does a sign cost!
I understand. But, I am not sure of the manufacturer, as there are not markings on the machine.

Jeremiah

I had same problem. Fixed mine a while back , but the bottom die on each of my machines is magnetic it doesn't have to be but it is.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Usually just have to give our a good “tap” sans any grommets loaded and she comes back to life.